Paris is the capital of France. Other famous French cities include Cannes, Calais, and Nice.
- English is the most popular foreign language taught in French schools.
- School is free and compulsory from age 6 to 16 .
- 5% of the people in France are Roman Catholic, but only about 8% attend church regularly.
- The OK sign used in the United States means ‘zero’ in France. The French gesture fro OK is the ‘thumbs up’ sign.
- The French eat with a fork in the left hand and a knife in the right hand.
- Breakfast is usually a light meal of coffee and bread. Lunch is usually a light meal and the main meal is eaten in the evening – sometimes after 8pm.
- Typically the French resist Fast Food.
Download the France Culture Gram here.