Why should your family host an exchange student?
* to learn about another country
and the customs of its people
* to teach a young adult about the customs of Americans
* to experience being a parent to an adolescent
* to learn about your own cultural heritage
* to create an opportunity to travel abroad
* to expose your children to a different culture
* to promote world peace
Host families provide a nurturing home-life for a high
school-age international teen for 5 to 10 months while the student attends
the local high school.
Host families are volunteers who share their hearts and homes. Families
A safe and loving environment,
- a bedroom with storage space (a student can share
a room with another teenager),
- nutritious meals (students purchase their own school lunch), and
- reasonable transportation to/from school activities.
Families with children of all ages, single parents,
and empty-nesters, are all welcome to host.
Start the wonderful world of cultural exchange! Contact us and one of our staff members will be happy to answer your questions.