Norway is one of the three ‘fingers’ of Scandinavia.
It is known for its fjords, tall mountains cut by deep water trenches.
Part of Norway is located in the arctic circle, but the weather is much
more mild than other countries in the same latitude because of the gulf
stream. Norway is one of the most sparsely populated countries in the
world. Trolls are an important part of the Norwegian folklore.
The capital of Norway is Oslo. The Nobel Peace
price is awarded annually in Oslo.
- - 85% of the population belongs to the Church of Norway
- Norwegians in general tend to be reserved and rarely
greet passerby on the street.
- Both parents in a Norwegian family typically work
outside the home.
- It is not unusual for school children to call their
teachers by their first name.
- Schools are free and compulsory for all children
from 6 – 16.
- Teens attend Upper Secondary School from 16 – 18.
Download the Norway
Culture Gram here.
What does it take to be a host family? We're happy to
explain the process, responsiiblities, and of course the JOYS